Saturday, October 15

Adjustments

Mmmk so obviously I've been changing things up on the blog here. 

I might actually be starting to get a grasp on how things work. Well, that, and I now technically have the time to spend playing around with it all. (My Handsome is out of town a lot for work so I get to find things other than school to keep myself busy.)

Anyway, above is a picture of my man and I on our wedding day. He's hunky, I know. And below are some of my favorite Praise Jesus songs.

I've discovered that when I really want to get chores done around the house, what makes me most productive is music, especially Praise Jesus music cuz then I get so caught up in singing that it doesn't seem like work anymore. (Plus I'm sure God gets a kick out of watching me sing into my broom and pretend I can dance.) Klove (105.5 fm) and Air1(89.9 fm) are also very lovely alternatives if I don't feel like making a playlist. I also love them cuz you can listen to both stations online just by going to their website. I just feel like listening to Christian music makes me a happier person. So it's nice to have great songs be so accessible. OH, and did I mention they have free weekly music?? Different songs on both sites normally, too. So that's at least TWO free songs a week of Praise Jesus music. LOVE it! Anyway, now that I've shared that fantastic secret, go check out the songs at the bottom, see if you like any. I'm going to try to highlight a song each time I write to explain a) what significance they have to me or b) why I like them so much.
The first song I'll feature isn't on the list, unfortunately. I'm pretty sure it's too new to find. However, it IS on Itunes :) (So you can at least preview it unless you fall in love with it like I did and then you can buy it. Except I got it free--Newreleasetuesday.com. It's a free website with, again, free Christian music. Yay!)

Okay...so this first song is called "I get to be the one" by JJ Heller. She's fantastic. She's done other great songs like "What love really means."
Ah, but before I get too into detail, I should let you know, I love lyrics. (Well, obviously, since my blog is titled after a song, which, is on the playlist at the bottom :) Anyway, I listen a lot to what is said in songs and especially in praise music because it's what you're singing to God. So, when you listen to the songs, maybe listen twice. They're always better the second time through.
Back to this song, it's all for young mommies/pregnant ladies. I feel like tons of my friends are in this stage of life right now and, although the hubby and I are not, I can still fully appreciate the cuteness of this song. Plus, I'll probably have it memorized by the time we have a little one so then I'll just sing it when I put our baby to sleep :) It's such a sweet, tender, catchy song. I love it and hope you'll search it. (Oh but it's not on Youtube yet...I've checked multiple times ha).

On a side note, one more week before my Handsome is home again :) Hooray!! And then maybe some house hunting in our future? We'll see what God has planned.

Please do enjoy the music! I'll try to feature a song that's actually on the playlist next time :)
 
D-backs game earlier this year.
God bless!
LEE

No comments:

Post a Comment