Friday, April 8

I'm a redhead

When you look at me, I'm a redhead.
When you get to know me, I'm a blonde.

My latest proof:

So tonight my hubby and I were supposed to go eat dinner at my parents but Jeremy's shift got switched around so I went by myself. We ate salad, amazing dinner rolls, fruit, pork tenderloins, and apple pie--basically my mom is amazing and an overachiever. Anyway, so for some reason during the middle of dinner I decided to ask why meat shrinks when you cook it. Valid question, right?

My mom's answer (with her infamous hand motions that she has so generously passed down to me) boiled down to muscle fibers shrinking.

Me: Wait....meat is muscle? (Throws hands over face in embarrassment.)

I mean seriously, I'm 20. I cannot believe I haven't figured that out before. But who honestly thinks about what they eat? Ugh, that sounds even more terrible as I read it out loud. Anyway, my parents laughed hysterically and my mother, bless her for putting up with me, either tried to make me feel better or just wanted to add some sarcasm to the whole awful "lightbulb" moment and said, "Well at least you figured it out before you're 21!"

Yup, biiiig accomplishment. Ha

How embarrassing! Haha Yikes. But anyway, that's my proof.
I mean I realize you normally take off the fat when you cook meat and I know it's not skin...but I have no idea what I thought I was eating all of these years! And, to make it worse, I just got done taking my muscles practical/quiz in anatomy and physiology this week. It's so weird to eat and especially cook things that are so cool. Muscles are seriously so awesome and complicated and God just thought so far ahead when he designed humans. The kicker, that He did it in one day because He is just that awesome.

Me, however, it took me twenty years to figure it out.
My poor children will be doomed. I hope they get my husband's genes.

Thank you God for designing us the way you did and that things don't go wrong more often. How brilliant You are.

Moral: Think about what you eat before you just chow down. You might be surprised what goes into your stomach.

God bless!
LEE

No comments:

Post a Comment