Wednesday, March 16

Happy 3:16!

Heard this on KLOVE today and loved it! I figure it's only fitting since March 14th is dubbed "Pi(e) Day" that March 16th is dubbed "John 3:16" day! It's nothing official, but it's great nonetheless.

"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have everlasting life." --John 3:16 (NIV)
 
Today is a day to remember how loved we truly are! To rejoice in the fact that there is life after death! Something to look forward to! We are so loved to the extent that one man died on our behalf and took all of the pain and suffering that we should have felt because of our own bad choices. The depth of this love I don't think I will ever fully understand. I can't grasp the degree of pain He must have gone through, partially because I don't want to. It's a scary thought--feeling that much pain
But at the same time, it makes me feel so valuable, so important. The fact that someone cared enough for me to suffer the pain of the consequences of all of the ridiculous and stupid and just plain bad decisions I've made over the years, to have cared enough for me before I was even alive, it's a love so deep all I can do is make my best attempt at paying it forward to others.

Thank you God for loving me enough that you sent your Son to take my place and my punishment, that I may have the chance and the opportunity to be with you when I die. 

What a glorious thought to spend all of my time with Him!

Happy 3:16!! May you remember how blessed and loved you truly are!!
LEE



1 comment:

  1. I thought I should let you know that i stalk your blog. I think you're adorable. Amen to everything in this post :)

    ReplyDelete